lampwork beads made by me in my home studio


lampwork beads made by me in my home studio and jewerly made with
fine silver, sterling silver, crystals, pearls and other lovely findings


Monday, January 29, 2007

Hearts for ???





Hey! I love making hearts! I have a friend, also a bead maker, she made over 150 hearts for a wedding. She swore she would never make another but every once in a while I catch her making them again. She has a great pair of tools that can be used to make hearts. One squishs the big round blob of glass and the other pushes it to one end of the mandrel to make a cone shape. Then you hold the mandrel (the rod that the hot glass is on) vertically heating the shoulders of the cone and that gives the heart the nice rounded lobes. I don't want to tell my friend that I usually only make a heart shaped bead when a once perfect bead goes bad.




No comments: