lampwork beads made by me in my home studio


lampwork beads made by me in my home studio and jewerly made with
fine silver, sterling silver, crystals, pearls and other lovely findings


Sunday, January 21, 2007

January 2007




Haven't worked on any jewelry since before Christmas. Here is piece that I made for a customer in New York. Yes, I know! How did I manage to get a customer in New York? A friend of a friend of a friend. The large beads are made using black and red twisted cane which is made separately from the bead. A length of cane, about 18", is prepared by melting the combination of colours together in layers and then slowly pulling and twisting in the flame to resemble a peppermint stick like piece of glass. The length is then cut into smaller pieces and melted around the base bead and then encased in clear. Very time consuming but the effect is very nice. The smaller accent beads were also handmade by me. All of the silver beads and the toggle are Bali Silver and the chain is sterling silver.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hi Cindy. Great blog! I love your "New York" bracelet. Way to go girl!